Colombian Avocado Vichyssoise
- 3 leeks, white part only and sliced thinly
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 avocados, mashed
- chopped chives or chopped cilantro
- Heat stock in a medium saucepan and add leeks and potatoes.
- Boil for about 20 minutes.
- Purée in blender, then return to the saucepan and stir in the heavy cream.
- Purée avocado in blender.
- If serving cold refrigerate. Stir in the avocado just as you're ready to serve, as heat embitters the avocado.
- Serve with minced chives or cilantro.