- 1 frying chicken (3 lbs) cut in pieces
- 1 tsp salt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¾ tsp paprika
- 1½ cups pitted ripe olives
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 medium red pepper, sliced
- ¼ cup oil (preferably olive oil)
- 1½ cups orange juice
- Marinate chicken pieces in lemon juice for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (180°C).
- Combine salt, pepper and paprika and sprinkle over chicken.
- Brown chicken on all sides in oil.
- Place chicken in an oven proof baking dish.
- Top with the rest of the ingredients and pour over the orange juice.
- Cover with aluminium foil and bake in the preheated oven for about 45–50 minutes or until the chicken is tender.