This will serve 6 so I suggest you cut it in half.
- 2 butter lettuce, preferred
- 1 cup celery, diced fine
- 3 green onions, fine chopped with tops
- 11 oz mandarin oranges, drained
- Carmelize almonds by mixing with sugar and stirring constantly over low heat until lightly browned.
- Cool on waxed paper and break into small pieces and set aside.
- Combine dressing ingredients and mix well.
- Refrigerate for a few hours to marry the flavors.
- Just before serving, tear lettuce into bite-size pieces and combine with celery, onions and mandarin oranges.
- Toss with dressing and nuts and place on one larger piece of butter lettuce to cradle the salad.