- 8 cup chicken broth
- 2 grated carrots
- 2 cup peeled and cubed potatoes
- 5 grated Polish dill pickles
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 5 tbsp sour cream
- salt and pepper
- Combine broth, carrots, potatoes and celery in soup pot, cook, covered over low heat until potatoes are tender.
- Add pickles and cook 15 minutes.
- Mix milk and flour until smooth, add to hot soup, mixing well.
- Bring to boil, stirring until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Beat egg with sour cream until smooth.
- Add to hot soup, stirring until smooth.
- Keep soup warm but do not boil or will curdle.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Approximately 10 servings.